The Mekong Environment and Resource Institute reserves all right to re-edit or modify the articles therebe on this web page without notification to users beforehand in case that errors or mistakes were found.
The papers by MERI personnel are made available for academic or technical purposes only. Papers available through the MERI website may be cited or directly quoted. Except where otherwise
noted, each paper is the copyright of the author(s), who must be recognized in any citation or quote. All other use of these papers is unauthorized.
REMARK: All documentss present on this page are full papers and available for download only.
- Private Sector Initiatives in Environment Management: A Case of
Thailand.( Full Paper ) by Dr.Tongroj Onchan. From Global Environment 2000,
GEA, Japan, November 2000
- Society's preference: where should energy come from and how to promote energy saving? ( Full Paper ) by Dr. Charles B. Mehl. Paper presented at the OECD-Seoul Conference on International Scientific and Technological Cooperation for Sustainable Development, Seoul, Korea, November 15-17, 2000.
- Culture, Power, and History of Resource Management ( Full Paper ) by Dr. Charles B. Mehl. Paper presented at the First International Workshop on Conservation and Sustainable Development, 22-26 April 1991, Khao Yai National Park, Thailand, organized by the Natural Resources Program, Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok
- The Changing Charactor of Land in Rural Thailand:
Possible Common Property Responses to Emerging Land Problems.( Full Paper ) by Dr. Charles B. Mehl. Paper presented at the Second International Conference on Common Property, Winnepeg, Manitoba, September 26-29, 1991.
- Social and Cultural Aspects of Land Inheritance and Transactions in Thailand.( Full Paper ) by Dr. Charles B. Mehl. Discussion Paper Report No.: ARU 52 Research Unit, Agricultural and Rural Development Department, World Bank 1986.
- Private Sector Participation in the Provision of Public Services.( Full Article ) by Dr. Banasopit Mekvichai
- From Forests to Farms, From Fields to Factories: Peripheral Lands and Environmental Degradation in Thailand ( Full Paper ) by Charles B. Mehl and Banasopit Mekvichai Paper presented at the 46th Annual Meeting of the Association for Asian Studies, March 24-27, 1994, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Is There Hope for "Green" Urbanization? ( Full Article ) by Banasopit Mekvichai
- Reorienting Central Government Staff to Support Local Natural Resource Management. ( Full Article ) by Dr. Charles Mehl and Dr. Tongroj Onchan
- Society's Preference: Where Should Energy Come From and How to Promote Energy saving?( Full Article ) by Dr. Charles B. Mehl
More to come...........